2014 Fluid Power Challenge
Local seventh and eighth-grade students from South Bend Community Schools, South Bend Career Academy, and John Young Middle School of Mishawaka participated in the 2014 Fluid Power Challenge hosted by Daman Products Company, a manifold manufacturing facility based in Mishawaka, Indiana. The final competition event was held at the Ivy Tech Community College in South Bend on Friday, December 5 from 9 am to 2 pm. The winners for each category were announced at the Friday event.
2014 EVENT DATES
- October 1 & 2, 9:00-1:30 Fluid Power Challenge Workshop days. Location: Daman Products - Founders Room
- December 5, 9:00-2:00 Fluid Power Challenge Competition day. Location: Ivy Tech Community College, South Bend, IN
2014 FLUID POWER CHALLENGE WINNERS
The announced 2014 winners for each category are seventh and eighth-grade students from the following school
- Overall Champion: LaSalle Academy Team 16
- Challenge category: Jackson Intermediate Center Team 13
- Portfolio category: LaSalle Academy Team 7 (they won the category by ½ point)
- Design category: Jefferson Intermediate Traditional School Team 5
- Teamwork category: LaSalle Academy Team 25
Overall Champion: Team 16
Portfolio Category: Team 7
Teamwork Category: Team 25
Challenge Category: Team 13
Design Category: Team 5 Jefferson
CHALLENGE DAY PRESS RELEASE
Click here to download the 2014 Challenge Day press release.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE OR BECOME A SPONSOR
For more information about participating in or attending this year’s Fluid Power Challenge Day competition or about sponsoring this year’s NFPA Fluid Power Challenge, contact Krysten Shoulders or Matt Giloth at Daman Products at 800.959.7841.
THIS YEAR WE EXPECT TO INCREASE PARTICIPATION. WE NEED YOUR HELP! CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW AND MAKE A DONATION TO BE PART OF SOMETHING GREAT.